As a child I never saw myself as Fat or big until it was pointed out to me. Why is so much emphasis put on how much we weigh? People seem to care about your size whether you are big or small. I am no saint when it comes to passing judgment based on someone's weight.
But it needs to stop somewhere. What do I really gain from knowing my exact weight everyday or every week. I used to think that it was helping me. As if Stepping on the scale would keep my weight "under control" but the truth is, our bodies fluctuate. They never weigh the same everyday, hour, or minute.
I am trying to lose weight. But why does the number on the scale have to be so important? I wish it wasn't so important.
I want to measure my success on how I feel. How fast I run. How far I can run. I want to measure my progress in beautiful clothes that make me feel beautiful. I want to feel sexy because I feel sexy not because the scale reads a number that is considered sexy.
I have always been bigger. For my daughter it's different. That little girl can eat and run and eat all day. She is small although she is only 4 and I am aware that weight varies when they are smaller. I am tired of people judging her because she is not bigger like me. People are always trying to force feed her. People comment on her size all the time. They make it seem like I deliberately with hold food from her.
We should judge people by their abilities and personalities instead of their size. This is an ongoing issue and will probably always be an issue if we don't stop it now.
I refuse to allow a number dictate how I feel about myself. I refuse to allow a number to control how I am perceived to be by other people.
I am not lazy. I don't have an eating disorder. I am not unattractive. I am not a quitter.
I am me.
No matter how much I weigh.
No comments:
Post a Comment