Friday, July 18, 2014

Acceptance

We all want to be accepted. We all want to be loved and respected. Sometimes we do things that we shouldn't or wouldn't normally do to gain someone else's respect. I don't know if this is a bad or good thing. In some respect it shows that we care enough about the other person to compromise. It can also show our willingness to please and show a weak character.

Where does the issue of weight play in all of this? If you are willing to lose weight to gain respect, admiration, or acceptance. Does this mean that you are weak? Does the want of perfection make you shallow?

I have always been a larger person. As a child I hated myself and hid underneath layers of clothing. As a young adult I dieted to the point that I was considered thin. But as a woman and mother. I am now bigger, I struggle to lose the baby weight.

It frustrates me that I can't lose the last 40 pounds. I eat well, exercise daily, and try to get my sleep.( with 4 babies you can imagine the struggle) . Yet the weight seems to be coming off slowly.

At times I feel confident and happy with my body. Then a comment or a look will send my emotions spiraling and I lose any self acceptance that I had.

Why is so much emphasis put on our sizes?

Before I can expect people to accept me as I am. I have to be willing to accept myself with the 40 extra pounds and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment