Thursday, July 31, 2014

The know it alls

You know that type. You know who they are. They are the people in your life that seem to think that they know what is best for you. I get it all the time.
 the;
" Oh you shouldn't"
"Oh you could have."
"Are you sure you want to eat that?"

Yup  I have heard just about everything in the book. I used to allow these comments to get to me ( I still do sometimes). It's hard not to listen to the criticism. Especially when it comes from the people that are the closest to you. Our families are the best at getting under our skin aren't they?

Until recently I would cater to these comments. I would double think my actions and  find myself wondering if they were right?

I am here to tell you that non of that matters... the comments are not valid. They are not right.

Who do they think they are?

You are so much more in control then you think. You are capable of amazing things.

People only tend to put others down when they are not happy with themselves.

It's funny the only flaw that anyone can ever find in me is my weight...lol But it is a flaw at all? Our bodies change, we change. What is so wrong with having extra weight as long as I am healthy and happy?

about a year ago I realized that losing the extra weight would never solve all the other issues that I have. All the other insecurities about my body and my life. The weight is just the tip of the iceberg.

I have gone through periods of thin me and fat me... now I am just kind of stuck in limbo... somewhere in the middle. I have never been here before.

So I decided that the only way to claw myself out of the hole this time. Would be to work from the inside out.....

What do I really want?

What is right for me?

I am done and refuse to allow someone else to dictate how I should live my life.

The know it alls will always be there.

It's time to stop caring what they think..... ask yourself " What do I want?"

I asked myself the same question..... I want to be happy.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment