Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Weight Loss/No Weight loss

Like many people I fluctuate between 5-10 pounds every year. Which I guess is Normal...but I still find myself getting depressed about it sometimes.

It seems like I can be on track with eating and exercising.. and then life happens.

One of my biggest struggles.. is I love sweets! Cookies, cakes, anything with frosting. If it's sweet I love it!

It has been 34 days since my last weigh in, and I think that I am about to lose it.

I never really thought about how much I depended on my scale. I depended on it  to tell me if I was fat or if I was thin.

This last month has forced me to focus on me.

How I feel about my body
How I feel about my life
How I feel about....
You name it. ( the flood gates opened once I stopped stepping on the scale)

Letting go of the scale has forced me to do some real digging into my insecurities.

Whenever I would fall short of perfect I would somehow flip it and make it about my weight.

The scale served as reminder that I was not worthy of acceptance.

It is easy for me to sit here and preach about self love to my children and to you. But unless I can truly accept myself in my entirety . Then I am a fraud.

I promised myself that this year would be different.

I was going to start living.. and stop simply existing.

Now that I have gotten the scale out of the way. I will now focus on other things.

I am going to walk every morning.. rain or shine

I am tired of allowing the negative comments to rule my life.

I will no longer eat the chocolate bar in the security of my car so that my husband wont know.
I will no longer hide my body under layers of clothes.
I will no longer allow the scale to own my emotions.

I am done fantasying about a perfect Number that I will probably never see on the scale ( you know we all have that number in our heads...but it usually just results in that number changing once you've reached it)

I need to look at the bigger picture. I need to love myself no matter what size.. and I need to live my life.

Join me.. Throw the scale away. Focus on you.. on how you feel. Focus on the inside. Because our families deserve the best versions of what we can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment