Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday Mornings

Good Morning everyone :) Can you believe that we are now half way through October? I can't believe how fast time is going by. I remember when I was 17 and I felt as though time was going by too slowly. I couldn't wait to be a grown up.

It's easy to get caught up in our day to day routines. But sometimes we need to pull back and look at the bigger picture. What are we really doing with our time? What are we experiencing? Do we accept the good along with the bad?

As I get older I am beginning to realize that not everything is about me. Or has to do about me. Being a mother really takes a toll on our whole meaning of " ME" it all of a sudden becomes a "THEM"

"THEM" meaning our families. We take care of them, feed them, and lend a ear or a shoulder to cry on.

More often then not we put our needs behind us. We tell ourselves that our needs can wait.

I say make sometime for you. Even if just 5 min of reading your favorite magazine. You need to make time for "ME" if you don't then you will start to lose your sense of self-worth and will eventually begin to give up on the idea that you will ever be happy.

My biggest struggle although sometimes seeming irrational when I am emotionally stable is my weight. I feel as though I am being judged for how big I am. Or being judged because I let myself go. When my self pity party starts to take form I tend to reach for the sweets.


Monday mornings always begin the same way. " This week I am going to lose 2 lbs" But as the week goes by and I am met with deadlines and tantrum throwing children then I lose all motivation and reach for the cookies.

This isn't healthy nor is it doing me any favors.


I have decided to let it go. I am no longer going to obsess over what I don't have. Instead I am going to focus on what I do have.


I am done using my weight as a scape goat for the real problems that I need to address. I am not sure what problems I will uncover but I owe myself the chance to figure them out. I am tired of living, breathing, and thinking about my weight. Life is proving to be much shorter then I had originally anticipated . I have decided that I am not going to continue to live it consumed by my fears anymore.

So ladies...make time for yourselves. Enjoy your life and forget about Trying...and focus of Doing.




No comments:

Post a Comment